Browse Items (28 total)

  • Tags: Carnegie Library

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/c860528a34b93ad9860496eb89aa4946.tif
Reproduced postcard image, featuring the Traverse City Library Carnegie library building, located on 6th Street in Traverse City, Michigan. The building was dedicated on March 10, 1905, and opened to the public.

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/dd2b605244a8ade5e5d778198276c0e0.TIF
The Traverse City Public Library was formally dedicated on March 10th, 1905. Traverse City mayor E.J. Fulghum, Board of Trustees President E.L. Sprague, and Board of Public Works President C.M. Prall all delivered speeches at the event.

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/3404f46ba601bc66efbe2bb1f73da701.tif
Promotional image of the book collection in the Traverse City Public Library's Michigan Room. The Michigan Room was dedicated on April 10, 1962, and acted as the Library's state and local history center. The Library's unique, archival collections…

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/fe47494cb47dd4ddf0b54de3d72625b4.TIF
The interior of the Traverse Area District Library underwent a significant facelift in 1963; shown here is the remodeled adult reading room.

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/fb17a3a3eb8183c5056a375aa2d07ada.TIF
In this postcard image, the back of the Traverse City Public Library building can be seen from across the Boardman River. Beyond and to the left of the Library is the home of Perry Hannah.

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/b351b2a861376090597b400a3c2d55c3.tif
Promotional image of librarians enjoying works on Michigan and local history in the Michigan Room at the Traverse City Public Library in March 1962. The Michigan Room was dedicated on April 10, 1962, to the preservation of Michigan and local history.

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/1e790bbaad0860168868ad3ec626bbdb.TIF
Exterior of Traverse City Public Library in July of 1963. The interior of the building received a facelift in 1963, but the exterior retained its original Carnegie library facade.

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/5ed01948bd111a3a82d03cc098f42b7c.tiff
In 1963, the Traverse City Public Library received an interior facelift, which included the renovation of the director's office. Former director Terese Flaherty (right) is pictured seated behind her new desk, with librarian Theresa Schaub.

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/28788f0b80d494cc4f36c3d8ff99de95.tiff
In 1963, the Traverse City Public Library's interior received a facelift, which included a replacement of the main charge desk at the entrance to the Library. Librarians Theresa Schaub (right) and Pat Amos shown working behind the desk.

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/b09d079b83803c48a068902678031a59.tiff
Image of worker taking apart the original marble circulation desk at the Traverse City Public Library in April 1963. Part of a significant facelift for the public floor work areas and the director's office.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2