Browse Items (106 total)

  • Tags: Green Lake
Green Lake from diamond Park.
Diamond Park is a platted cottage resort on Green Lake near Interlochen begun in the early 1900's.
Campers and bunk house in 1948.
Camp Pennington was a private girl's camp started by Parker and Jeanne Pennington on Green Lake from 1943-1950. After 1950 it became a traveling camp of around 100 campers and camped the western U.S each summer in…
Black and white photograph of Parker and Wesley Pennington in paddle boats on Green Lake. Parker and Wesley were the grandchildren of Camp Interlochen directors Parker and Christina Pennington.
Little Betsie River taken from the bridge south of Interlochen.
Pictures of Green and Duck Lakes and the Betsie River.
There were four buildings in the township but the location of this one is uncertain. It MAY be the one in section 7 or ...? It was identified in 1946 as the "Green Lake School" but they probably meant a school IN Green Lake Twp.
The shore of Green Lake in front of the Bowl Hotel, formerly the Hotel Pennington.
The National High School Orchestra Camp, National Music Camp, Interlochen Arts Academy, and Interlochen Center for the Arts are all names used over the years for an…
Dock at the resort with child in a rowboat on shore.
Tice Park was a resort in the S.E. end of Green Lake started by the Connine family. It had a small hotel and cabins for rent. Some of the cabins remain as private cottages.
Black and white photograph of Betsie River sandbar at the entrance to Green Lake. There are three women in the water and two women, one man and a child on the shore. ca. 1930.
Black and white photograph of Camp Interlochen council ring on the shore of Green Lake.
Camp Interlochen, 1919-1943, was an early private girls camp on Green Lake run by Parker and Christina Pennington.
Furney's Resort on the south end of Green Lake close to Karlin.
(Pictures of Green and Duck Lakes and the Betsie River.)
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2