Browse Items (11 total)

  • Collection: Peninsula Community Library Collection

Talk with Tim - May 2021.mp4
Tim Carroll, Jackie Thomas and Bob Dean share stories about their ancestors, whose biographies are included in the book:
“Sprague's History of Grand Traverse and Leelanaw Counties, Michigan: Embracing a Concise Review of Their Early Settlement,…

trim.378615CF-B3D0-44CD-B141-B8605F2B432B.MOV
A virtual tour of the contents of the Peninsula Community LIbrary’s Local History Room. Hear the “coming to the Peninsula” story of the Johnson-Carroll family, and learn the history behind the room’s ancestral furnishings.

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/fc41a2e165034935c3ab0600f13fa5e8.tif
"Plan Library for Peninsula", article from the Traverse City Record Eagle, 28 June 1957. Details the collaborative efforts between community volunteers and Old Mission Peninsula School to get a combined school and public library opened in the school…

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/8f8a4340e9e812790b18a5b015446b48.tif
The Peninsula Community Library opened to the public on July 15, 1957, in its temporary location on the stage in the school gymnasium.

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/a52895a6ceece710ddc5b909695ea987.tif
The Peninsula Community Library opened to the public on July 15, 1957, in its temporary location on the stage in the school gymnasium. Pictured are library staff, Clarissa Boursaw (left), Virginia Hubbell (center), and Deni Hooper (right).

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/e02ac2d27db47f41ab37b14f90f3a06f.tif
The Peninsula Community Library opened to the public on July 15, 1957, in its temporary location on the stage in the school gymnasium.

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/2ffd9ff6f7a29f6da92193c2552f12d8.tif
The Peninsula Community Library opened to the public on July 15, 1957, in its temporary location on the stage in the school gymnasium. Pictured are library staff, Clarissa Boursaw (left), Virginia Hubbell (center), and Deni Hooper (right).

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/722429b061d6f6206c7d08c98e416dd7.tif
The Peninsula Community Library opened to the public on July 15, 1957, in its temporary location on the stage in the school gymnasium. Pictured are library staff, Clarissa Boursaw (left), Virginia Hubbell (center), and Deni Hooper (right).

http://localhistory.tadl.org/files/original/d4ab011d3a500df0bb121afbce7a7949.tif
The Peninsula Community Library opened to the public on July 15, 1957, in its temporary location on the stage in the school gymnasium. Pictured are library staff, Clarissa Boursaw (left), Virginia Hubbell (center), and Deni Hooper (right).
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2